I was originally thinking a beta2 this week to help shake anything
else out and hopefully enable an RC+ vote early next week.

PROTON-950 is a blocker and still open. Work has been done to restore
support for PLAIN on non-SSL transport, but it seems some remains to
actually use it in the other components.

It'd also be good if Ted and Gordon could comment on whether what has
been done meets the need from their perspectives based on earlier JIRA
comments. I tried doing something yesterday with the reactive API bits
that seem like it would be similar (modifying the settings of a new
transport before use) to what would be needed to flip the new
transport toggle, but couldnt actually see how to do it, hopefully
someone more familiar with the python and C reactive bits can take a
look at things.

Robbie