[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-975?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14658617#comment-14658617
]
Ken Giusti commented on PROTON-975:
-----------------------------------
To reproduce:
1) build latest qpidd w/proton 0.10rc1 library.
2) configure qpidd SASL, include DIGEST-MD5 as allowed mechs
3) create a python virtual environment and activate it
4) untar proton 0.10 rc, cd proton-c/bindings/python; python setup.py build
install
5) Install the 2.0.0RC2 pyngus package:
$ pip install --pre -i https://testpypi.python.org/pypi pyngus
Run the attached test client - for example, if qpidd has an admin account
'admin' password 'qpid':
while ./send.py -a amqp://<IP of broker>:<port> --target amq.topic --username
admin --password qpid; do echo "HI"; done
> crash occurs if buffer containing outcome and first encrypted frame is
> received
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: PROTON-975
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-975
> Project: Qpid Proton
> Issue Type: Bug
> Components: proton-c
> Affects Versions: 0.10
> Reporter: Ken Giusti
> Priority: Blocker
> Fix For: 0.10
>
> Attachments: send.py
>
>
> I'm hitting an occasional client crash when using an DIGEST-MD5 SASL mech to
> talk to the qpidd broker.
> I've built the broker using the 0.10rc1 as the proton library.
> I'm using a pyngus based client. I will upload this reproducer.
> Best I can tell, the client pushes a single buffer to the transport that
> contains both the SASL outcome frame from qpidd and the first encrypted
> frame. SASL does not handle this case correctly and attempts to parse the
> encrypted frame as cleartext.
> I will open another bug against the frame decode to prevent parsing invalid
> frames.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)