Alan - can you try the same test under Python3 and grab the decoding? Python3 will (should) always encode string literals as AMQP UTF strings.
----- Original Message ----- > From: "Chuck Rolke" <[email protected]> > To: [email protected] > Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:06:38 AM > Subject: Re: Bug in proton interop suite?? > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-308 > > More documentation required... > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "aconway" <[email protected]> > > To: "proton" <[email protected]> > > Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:36:39 PM > > Subject: Bug in proton interop suite?? > > > > I'm doing some interop work on the go binding, and I see something > > strange in the 'message.amqp' file in tests/interop. The message body > > is encoded as: > > > > 0x77, 0xa0, 0x7, 0xa1, 0x5, 0x68, 0x65, 0x6c, 0x6c, 0x6f > > ^ AMQP value section > > ^Binary > > ^7 bytes > > ^String > > ^5 bytes > > h e l l o > > > > In other words there's an AMQP-encoded string *inside* an AMQP encoded > > binary. Looking at the python code that generated this message I would > > expect it to be an AMQP 5 byte binary value "hello". I think the intent > > was for it to be a string, but in python plain "hello" is binary you > > need to say u"hello" to get a string. However I can't see any reason > > why there would be a string *inside* a binary. Anyone have a clue > > what's going on here? > > > > Cheers, > > Alan. > > > > > -- -K
