[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1008?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14935189#comment-14935189
]
Ted Ross commented on PROTON-1008:
----------------------------------
Is it ever sensible to not use SASL? Are there AMQP servers that don't support
SASL? As it stands, I don't know how to turn SASL _on_. There may be existing
mechanisms available (EXTERNAL, GSSAPI), but I don't have a username to supply
and I don't necessarily know which mechanisms to put in the allowed_mechs list.
> Using a blank mech_list disables authentication
> -----------------------------------------------
>
> Key: PROTON-1008
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1008
> Project: Qpid Proton
> Issue Type: Bug
> Components: python-binding
> Affects Versions: 0.11
> Reporter: Ted Ross
> Assignee: Gordon Sim
> Fix For: 0.11
>
>
> This bug was introduced in commit
>
> https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/commit/14956b07edc3de93f67179c753bbedcd9eba51a6
> If the client leaves allowed_mechs as None, the SASL protocol is not even
> executed. I claim that allowed_mechs is used to restrict the set of
> acceptable mechanisms. If it is None, then all available mechanisms may be
> used.
> This bug causes a failure in the Qpid Dispatch test suite
> (system_tests_qdstat). The failure is when the server requires
> authentication and will accept EXTERNAL and the client has a valid
> client-certificate but doesn't use the sasl protocol because qdstat doesn't
> (and can't) set the allowed_mechs.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)