On Tue, 2015-11-03 at 22:15 -0500, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi, all.  The RC is now available here:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.11.0-rc/
>
> Maven staging repo:
>
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-10
> 48/
>
> I will be away from my keyboard for the remainder of this week.  On
> Monday,
> the 9th, I will start the release vote if no blockers have been
> discovered
> in the interim.
>
> Thank you very much to everyone who tested the alpha and beta.  If
> you've
> not yet taken a look, please test the RC and report your results.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-949 is not in the RC. It
is not a regression but it is a *very* perplexing build failure with a
very low risk fix, IMO we should get it in there.

Not only is it very hard to figure out why it won't build, but when you
finally fix the problem by removing the ccache swig binary, it
magically comes back when swig happens to get auto-updated by
yum/dnf/whatever and you waste more time scratching your head again. I
have done this more than once. I probably shouldn't admit that but I'm
sure I'm not the only one.

Cheers,
Alan