+1

On 30/03/16 13:30, "Rob Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com> wrote:

>+1
>
>Additionally it might make sense to write a paragraph somewhere on
>suggestions for best practice on mailing the list (like including
>components / languages in use in the title or the body of the e-mail :-) ).
>
>-- Rob
>
>On 30 March 2016 at 11:25, Robbie Gemmell <rob...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> Many moons ago, a seperate mailing list was established for Proton,
>> back when it was purely a protocol engine other components would use.
>> Its scope has since expanded beyond that and the separate mailing list
>> has I feel been an increasing source of confusion and hassle of late
>> more than anything else. Collapsing it into the other larger existing
>> lists we have (that the traffic would otherwise have been on) seems to
>> me like it would be an improvement across the board, and as such I
>> have called this vote.
>>
>> I would propose that discussion (such as this) would head to the
>> users@q.a.o list to join the similar/related/duplicate traffic already
>> present, with remaining things going to the dev@q.a.o list as
>> consistent with that list (e.g JIRA, GitHub integration mails,
>> ReviewBoard, though the latter was never actually directed to proton@
>> to begin with..).
>>
>> Whilst redirecting JIRA etc emails should be easy enough (has been
>> done before), I dont know what the precise options are regarding
>> existing mail subscriptions to the list. There are significantly more
>> subscribers to users@ than proton@, and many are duplicates, but some
>> are not. I'd need to discuss options with infra, but first things
>> first, the vote.
>>
>> I have gone straight to a vote on this because I feel this has already
>> been discussed enough previously over time that many people will have
>> already thought about it enough to quickly vote one way or the other,
>> and it is past time to act on it if things head that way. Obviously
>> things can be further discusssed at this point also if desired.
>>
>> Note that both users@ and proton@ are in the recipients. I expect the
>> thread will splinter when someone forgets to reply-all, as almost all
>> cross-posted thread on the lists do, but at least it can start on both
>> for visibility to all.
>>
>> Robbie

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be
are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, copying,
or use of this communication or the information in it, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error please notify us by e-mail and
then delete the e-mail and any copies of it.
Software AG (UK) Limited Registered in England & Wales 1310740 -
http://www.softwareag.com/uk