I can't be bothered to find out how to open a bug report, so I'll just
put it here. Maybe somone cares.

cumulativeOffset ignores borders of parent elements, which is wrong.
It was hard to find any information because ALL implementations I
found were wrong but one. (Astonishing, it's very basic.)
cumulativeOffset should read something like this:

  cumulativeOffset: function(element) {
    var valueT = 0, valueL = 0;
    do {
      valueT += element.offsetTop  || 0;
      valueL += element.offsetLeft || 0;

+      valueT += Element.getStyle(element, 'borderTopWidth') || 0;
+      valueL += Element.getStyle(element, 'borderLeftWidth') || 0;

      element = element.offsetParent;
    } while (element);
    return [valueL, valueT];
  },