Hi,

why Ajax.Request and Ajax.Updater convert all POST and GET paramters to
UTF-8? Even then when encoding is set to "ISO-8859-1"?

In my case prototype.js is part of much bigger system, and converting all
scripts and files will take too much time..

For little lookup I found encodeUrlComponent function, which is the problem.

So, can I sent "ISO-8859-1" encoded string to server, with out modifying any
files. Nor prototype nor mine own files.