On 4/23/07, Fabian Lange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Snobe Johan I found the line causing the crash in prototype :-)
> I will make a blog post about it, but it is this line:
> var Event = new Object();

We check if "Event" is already defined in the global namespace, so therefore
we've taken steps not to be obtrusive. If some browser tries to "reserve" a
"keyword" outside the scope of JavaScript language, then there's not much we
can do about it.

The solution is to rename Event to EventAnotherName and replace (with care)
> in prototype.js and update all your call to Event. from you code

Good solution if your customers complain! Unfortunately, it's bad solution
for us, since it completely breaks all the code out there.

The real solution is telling people whose IE crashes that they have a
serious flaw in their browser which can be easily fixed by disabling the
flawed component. Also they should install SP2 if this happens only on SP1
because that is something they should have done years ago.