> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-spinoffs/browse_thread/thread/af4c707758c57973/8208e0fe9921b542
>
> I originally posted to see if I was doing something odd that IE didn't
> agree with.  At first I thought it was the hash option, but I'm not
> sure exactly.

I've read the discussion, but got me lost. Didn't know what either of you
was talking about.

I went back to 1.4 and started adding objects piece by piece.  The
> second I added this in 1.4:
>
> function $H(object) {
>   var hash = Object.extend({}, object || {});
>   Object.extend(hash, Enumerable);
>   Object.extend(hash, Hash);
>   return hash;
> }
>
> Is when it started to freeze.

Porting pieces from newer versions to older isn't going to get you anywhere.
Prototype is not modular. If you're going to port the Hash stuff somewhere,
better copy the whole hash.js file.

But if you find the new versions cool, why do you steal features from them?
Why not just use them? Download the 1.5.1 release - it's just so much
better!