On Aug 17, 2007, at 12:22 AM, Mislav Marohnić wrote:

> It's nice to hear about how all of you solved the problem of
> collection attribute assignment, but the variety of solutions shows
> that this is very app-specific (IMO).

I won't argue against not including (invoke-ing writeAttribute works
just fine), but I find your reasoning extremely odd.  I would think
the variety of solutions actually demonstrates a wide-spread need,
not an "app-specific" one.  (If you were to call it a "training/
experience" issue, pointing to invoke's ability to accept multiple
parameters, then I'd agree wholeheartedly, and not complain. =)

> I've never needed this myself; and if I have, it would only be in
> one or two places, which hardly justifies its inclusion in the core
> framework.

... and I've never needed $R, PeriodicalExecuter or
Ajax.PeriodicalUpdater.  At all. Not even once. Doesn't mean they're
not useful.

I'm being a bit argumentative ... Like I said, I have no grief over
the conclusion, but I think your reasons are off.

=)

TAG