We don't know if you're doing something wrong because you haven't told or
shown us what you are doing. But, the code you are referring to is pretty
internal to event handling, so I don't think you might be doing something
wrong.

What we need from you if full code where this happens (use
pastie.caboo.sefor pasting), as well as exact browser information. If
you could make a
minimal document where this error happens so we could reproduce it, it would
help us resolving the issue quickly. Thanks!