Someone correct me if i'm wrong but the parameters/postbody you sent do not
automatically come back in your response/transport.

What I do, is anything I *need* to come back, eg an element id etc, I pass
in the querystring instead of the form (append to the URL).
The reason i do this, (i use asp.net serverside) is then I take the
request.querystring collection and issue a few replaces on the string
representation of it, converting it to json.
(also set header)

replace & with ","
replace = with ":"
append a {" on the start
append a "} on the end

Then, when my transport is received by the client I can use responseJSON to
access the values I sent originally.
I use this pattern because the request is asynchronous and it looses
context.

As an afterthought, bind will work for an anonymous function, you could bind
it to some custom object with the data you want...