1) yes, well, at least, adding the necessary code and maybe html.

2) make sure you build Prototype before running the tests (use "rake
dist" or run the tests from rake using "rake test" which auto build
Prototype). Currently all tests pass in all supported browsers except
a coouple of known issues in Opera. Note that the ajax tests are emant
to be run from rake.