On Tuesday 30 June 2009 17:41:11 YaoXing Zhang wrote:
> Diodeus,
>  Maybe you would like to try YUI Compressor which will reduce the size even
> more. I'm using prototype 1.6.2 and after compressing it becomes from 127Kb
> to 74Kb.

And then you can gzip it... reduces by (IIRC) 50%-ish again.

I tried wrapping Prototype and my code together in a closure once, thinking
this'd help YUI Compressor reduce more of the variable names but it actually
increased the size by a percent or two. Not sure why.

Jim

--
Jim
my wiki ajaxification thing: http://wikizzle.org