I'm with Allen on this.  I don't think it's uncommon for mixins to want to
hook into existing functionality.  This is trivial if they can invoke $super
(the original object's method), and problematic otherwise.

To give a concrete example, a while ago I implemented a "Selectable" mixin
for some collection classes.  Because this mixin maintained the selection
state in a private cache, it needed to hook into the remove() method to
allow it to properly update the cache.  Thus, I could easily see doing
something like this:

var Selectable = Class.createMixin({
  // Various methods we add to the collection class...
  selectItem: function(item){...},
  deselectItem:function(item){...},
  getSelectedItems: function() {...},

  // Make sure we deselect items before they're removed
  remove: function($super, item) {
    this.deselectItem(item);
    $super(item);
  }