Thank you for the replies!

> Why don't you use database abstraction when available? It would fill
> in those Safari 3 and Chrome gaps.

Do you mean database abstraction as a server side database? My point
was only to use browser-side for the caching.

> On a side note, I haven't noticed any unit tests; only functional ones
> on the front page.

Sorry for that, the idea struck me yesterday and I immediately tried
to implement it (along with the domain registration and so on:) ), so
there hasn't been much time to come up with the correct tests.