Has anyone tried to run Google's Closure Compiler in advanced mode on
1.6.1?  The compression it achieves is fantastic, and it would be
great to know that it's safe to use with Prototype.  It creates 126
warnings (no errors), and I was hoping someone with a bit more
experience with the core codebase than me might have some interest in
taking a look.

You can use the tool online: http://closure-compiler.appspot.com/home

>From what I can gather, most of the warnings relate to Google not
being able to detect that a function is being used as a constructor.
According to their error reference (http://code.google.com/closure/
compiler/docs/error-ref.html):

Note that the compiler only recognizes a function as a constructor if
it is annotated with the @constructor JSDoc annotation, like this:

/**
 * @constructor
 */