Matt,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I found that js can't get at the file
system and did a little looking around. I found this AJAX IFRAME
METHOD (AIM)  at: http://www.webtoolkit.info/ajax-file-upload.html

At first glance it seems like a resonable solution, however now I have
to figure out how to get ColdFusion to gain access to the form var
that's passed over.

Thanks again,

BN