On 18 Sep 2008, at 16:30, Ken Snyder wrote:

>> A question, does the focus effect bubble ??
>>
>> because this work:
>> $(document.body).observe('click', function(e) {
>> var _elem=Event.element(e);
>>        alert(_elem.tagName);
>> return;
>> });
>>
>> but not the same code when you use the focus event instead of the
>> click event works.
>>
>> --
>> david
>>
> That is correct.  The focus event does not bubble.
> (http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2008/07/23/javascript-event-delegation-is-easier-than-you-think/
>
> ).
>
> The article mentions you should not use event delegation for focus,
> blur, load, unload, or mousemove.

We're using event delegation for form validation and tooltips (so
using blur/focus/submit, three "non-bubbling" events) with NWEvents:
http://code.google.com/p/nwevents/

Works perfectly btw and has no Prototype incompatibilities.

Example at http://javascript.nwbox.com/NWEvents/delegates.html

Best regards

Peter De Berdt