On 9 okt, 17:14, "Brian Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> not sure if this will matter too much, but doesn't <?xml version='1.0'
> encoding='utf-8' ?> throw IE into quirks mode?  Would this affect the
> Ajax working properly?
>
> also, you are doing $('AjaxQuickSolutionResult').innerHTML =
> oReq.responseText;
>
> why not $('AjaxQuickSolutionResult').Update(oReq.responseText);
>
> also, you might want to add evalScripts: true to your Ajax.Requests,
> but I'm not 100% sure on that bit of advice.
>

> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Justin Perkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:02 AM, Mondane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > The bug in Safari is, when choosing an option
> > > in the third drop-down (Choose your category), the form resets to only
> > > showing "Choose your game". After this, it stops working.
>
> > I didn't have that problem, was able to get through all the way so
> > that it showed the quick solution below the form. Is it maybe
> > dependent on the options you choose? Since you are using a GET
> > request, you should escape your parameters to ensure the value chosen
> > is what is received by the server.
>
> > Wrt to IE, it sounds like you've got a JavaScript error that is
> > causing the Ajax request to not submit. Do you have Script Debugger
> > installed in IE? If not, you should install it and then go into the
> > advanced options for IE and enable script debugging.
>
> > -justin
>
> > p.s. I loved that game lemmings, forgot all about it :)

@Justin: I don't have script debugger. Going to look for it tomorrow.
Weird btw @ Safari, what version are you using, mine is is the windows
one.

What do you mean by escaping the parameters?

@Brian: IE is served other xhtml, only XML compliant browser get real
XHTML 1.1. Just load it in both opera and IE and compare the source.

Why I'm not using "Update" is because I didn't know about that.