Thanks kangax,

Element#insert is not appropriate because im not adding to the table im
replacing a whole row which is indexed with controls to facilitate editing
of the data that was in that position, however, in another similar situation
I've had to clear the tbody section loop through a json object and replace
the relevant row with the controls and data which ofcourse is "time
consuming" but sure works; im trying to get a simpler way to doing this.

Element.replace(trID, tr) results in prototype error on line 1600
element.parentNode.replaceChild(content, element) => element is null
tr -> row with controls
trID -> row to be editied

Any way out?
Jason