Thanks All,

I managed to get it work like so;

    onFormSuccess : function(transport)
    {
        var json = transport.responseText.evalJSON(true);

        if(json.errors.length == 0) {
                this.form.submit();
        } else {
                var errorHash = $H(json.errors);
                this.form.down('.error').show();
                errorHash.each(function(pair) {
                this.showError(pair.key, pair.value);
            }.bind(this));

I still found I needed to use $H in the case that there were errors I
needed to show the user, so that I could iterate over the array. Let
me know if it can be improved.

Regards,
laf