Hello All,

I want to use Ajax.updater in one of my PHP scripts. I would like to
send all the variables of a form to the server, therefore I use the
form serialize method. Anyway I need to tell the server other
variables that are not and can not be in the form. Is it somehow
possible to do this?

I tried things like:

new Ajax.Updater('rettab', '$script', {
  method: 'post',
  parameters: $('thisform').serialize(true), {variable1: 'input',
variable2: 'otherinput', variable3: 'somestring'},
  evalScripts: 'true'
  });

Also this way does not work:

new Ajax.Updater('rettab', '$script', {
  method: 'post',
  parameters: {$('thisform').serialize(true), variable1: 'input',
variable2: 'otherinput', variable3: 'somestring'},
  evalScripts: 'true'
  });

And this way doesn't work either:

new Ajax.Updater('rettab', '$script', {
  method: 'post',
  parameters: $('thisform').serialize(true),
  parameters: {variable1: 'input', variable2: 'otherinput', variable3:
'somestring'},
  evalScripts: 'true'
  });

Does anybody have an idea?