Hi,

I have an HTML object that has been creating using some scripting and
I wish to insert this into to different locations on the page, e.g.

var newObj = createMyObject();
$('location1').insert(newObj);
$('location2').insert(newObj);

However doing this the object get inserted into location1 and then
removed from location1 when it is inserted into location2. I have
tried using the clone method:

var newObj = createMyObject();
var newObj2 = Object.clone(newObj);
$('location1').insert(newObj);
$('location2').insert(newObj2);

However this doesn't work. It doesn't error, but it simply stops
anymore Javascript from executing.

Is there a way to do what I want using Prototype?

Kind regards,

Andrew.