2009/2/4 david <david.brill...@gmail.com>:

> Hi sqaured,
>
> It seems, that you only transmit the value of the previous form to the
> DB, and for the third form to be generated, you need to pass first AND
> second one !
> So this could be done in a couple of lines (I think).
>
> Give us your code, or a sample, we will surelly help.
>
> --
> david
>
> On 2 fév, 19:00, Squared <jpr...@hancousa.com> wrote:
>> The abbreviated question:
>> How do I pass the value of a list item on page 1 AND page 2 to a third
>> page so I can use the values in php and mySQL?
>>
>> The extended version:
>> I have three form lists with select values taken from a mySQL
>> database. The second list is generated based on the selection from the
>> first, and the third is generated based on the selection from the
>> first and second. Finally, a table is generated based on all values
>> selected in all three. I have this working with php, but the page
>> reloads after every list item is selected. I have done a lot of
>> research and have almost gotten this to work without a reload using
>> AJAX from Prototype, but I am running into a problem. The second list
>> generates correctly, but the third does not. This is because my mySQL
>> statement pulls the values from the first two lists. Since the page is
>> not reloaded it only sees the value of the second list and not the
>> first. How can I pass the value from the first list and the second
>> list (which are on two separate pages) to the third list?

What is probably going to be of most use is to understand sessions.

Essentially a session (accessed in PHP using the super global
$_SESSION) allows you to remember data between requests.

A session is unique to a connection (a user normally). If they haven't
got a session ID, they they will be given a new one.

Read about sessions at http://docs.php.net/sessions and
http://docs.php.net/manual/en/book.session.php

--
-----