Hi,

This sounds more like a Rails question than a Prototype question,
probably better asked over in the Rails group:
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/topics

Knowing nothing about Rails myself, that "onChange=>'form.submit()'"
looks awfully suspicious, since submitting a form replaces the window.

HTH,