From: "Matt Foster" <mattfoste...@gmail.com>
To: "Prototype & script.aculo.us" <prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:26 PM
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Re: Stopping events ..

Event.stop(e) does indeed prevent event propagation.  I would assume
that your code is hitting an exception before Event.stop is being
executed.

> Try calling Event.stop() at the very beginning of the script, before
> anything else, then if there are no errors, call event.form.submit()
> to carry on with the original submit event.

@Walter: If you have a submit handler that executes the object's
submit event wouldn't this lead to an infinite loop?
Wouldn't the idea be, catch the submit event, validate the fields, if
all is valid, allow the event to proceed, if its not then stop the
event.

function handleLoad(){

   $("myForm").observe("submit", function(e){

   var invalidArr = $("myForm").select("input.req, textarea.req,
select.req").findAll(function(element){ return element.value != "" });
   if(invalidArr.length > 0){
        e.stop(); //prototype 1.6 code to event stop.
        handleInvalids(invalidArr )

Event.observe(window, "load", handleLoad);

--

http://positionabsolute.net