I got the pasted code form a vendor to make a call to their webservice.

http://pastie.org/462963

I'm trying to do the same thing with proto but can't seem to get it to
work.

document.observe('dom:loaded', function() {
        new Ajax.Request(url, {
                method: 'post',
                postBody: XMLRequest,
                requestHeaders: new Array('Content-Type', 'text/xml;
charset=UTF-8'),
                onSuccess: function(transport) {
$('notice').update("Success:: "+transport.responseText) },
                onFailure: function(transport) { $('notice').update
("Failure:: "+transport.responseText) }