Thanks guys. I am going to compare the difference in processing time
of TJ's suggestions. It will be called often (from a Form Observer).
For now I am using this one:

                        if
(_validate_field_classes.any(element.hasClassName.bind
(element))) {

Wasn't aware of the any function.

Matt. I tried swapping bind for curry and it gave an error.