From: prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
[mailto:prototype-scriptacul...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Alex
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:11 AM
To: Prototype & script.aculo.us
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Trouble getting started with Prototype

Hey, I'm new to Javascript but not to programming.  I decided to use
prototype because of the helpful functions it appeared to offer.

Here is what I have in a nutshell:

<SCRIPT type="text/javascript" src="javascriptPrototype.js" />
<SCRIPT type="text/javascript">
        function editInfo()
        {
                $('box').remove();
                                // A Bunch of other stuff goes here
after the fact.
        }
</SCRIPT>

The Prototype functions are in javascriptPrototype.js.  I am trying to
remove (or delete the contents of if someone has a better idea) the
div element with id="box".  I get an error everytime in IE 7.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Thanks.