Hi David

Thanks for the link, but this does not help me. I know what
pollDoScroll() does. My problem is that when I use prototype in my
webapp, I get Out of stack space error messages in IE because the
pollDoScroll() method is executed over 600 times in a recursion and
the expression document.documentElement.doScroll('left'); will always
fail.

I traced it down to the fact that together with ExtJS
pollDoScroll.defer(); does not seem to wait long enough. I don't know
if this is an ExtJS-Prototype combination problem or if this is
because my app does some other things while loading.

When I replace pollDoScroll.defer(); with pollDoScroll.delay(0);
everything works.

How is the process to get in tough with the Prototype devels? Is this
something we can change in the release or is there a reason why it
uses pollDoScroll.defer(); instead of pollDoScroll.delay(0);?

Thanks for any hints
Florian