Hello everyone.

I've basically got this HTML code:

<ul class="superlist">
  <li class="foo" id="bar">
  </li>
</ul>

and this JS code:

$$(".superlist li").invoke("observe", "mouseover", function(event) {
    alert(event.element().inspect().escapeHTML());
});

So now the thing is, that the event.element() method does NOT (as I
would expect) return the <li> element, but any of the nested elements
instead. Which might be a <div class="foobar"> or a <div
class="content">.

That results in two problems for me:
1. I want to toggle the visibility of li.actions for the li hovered.
It shall become visible on mouseover and unvisible on mouseout. That
doesn't work since anytime I move over one of the li's nested
elements, the mouse-events get triggered. Although (from my point of
view) I'm never leaving that element, since they are indeed children
of the li.

2. (similar to the first one) I do always need to know which li
element was hovered (so that I can determine which .actions div shall
be toggled but don't know any good way to achieve this.

I've run through similar problems like this several times but could
never find a good solution.
Hope anyone here can help me out :-)