This is more of an FYI in case anyone is using Ext and Prototype on a
project.  I can't exactly figure out why, but something change in the
way prototype is defining or using it's "defer" function from 1.6.0.3
to 1.6.1 which causes a stack overflow to occur in IE6 (and maybe
IE7).  Ext and Prototype both define a "defer" function on the
Function prototype but with incompatible usage.  See this post in the
Ext forums for more information
http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78935.
I posted a patch in that thread which changes the name of the
prototype "defer" function to work around the problem.

I guess I can't really say this is a "bug", but it would be
interesting to know why it is a problem now in 1.6.1.  Doesn't seem
like the code in prototype changed much.

-Joe