I suspect this is not a prototype question, but then again, every time I
turn around I am learning new capabilities of the framework.

I need to pass a function name as an argument to a function for a
call-back function.
Do I just pass the function name as a quoted text argument ?
If I do, do I need to eval the function when I want to execute it.

or...

what is the best way of doing this ?

My apologies in advance if prototype does not have a nifty way of doing
this and my thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--
Bill Drescher
william {at} TechServSys {dot} com