Hi jinsa, i'm not a professional but for what i've been reading yesterday i
can say you where is the problem.
I mean where to begin.
The approach can be pretty different if you are using a framework (Mootools
scriptaculous jQuery) or you are writing javascript by yourself (which i
think in order to have a solution need much more time to be elaborated.

Here is the link to elaborate the problem:

http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_order.html
http://www.quirksmode.org/js/introevents.html

I'm actually having a problem like yours in writing down the scheme for a
gallery, BUT, i will try a first (temporary) solution with jQuery (which is
largely compatible), in the meanwhile i'll elaborate a more robust one with
the help of the site manual i showed to you.
don't know how much it will take but however i have time.

So if you find some better link. let me know.

;)