Hi,

Yeah, changes to the DOM that's being torn down are probably pretty
low priority.

If you really, really want to do this, I'd probably do a lib that:

1. Dynamically replaces the type='submit' buttons with type='button'
buttons.

2. Watches for clicks on them.

3. In the click handler, do your form validation (since you won't get
a submit event), and if it passes add a hidden element to the form
using the button's value, show your covering div, and set up the
delayed submit of the form.

...then reuse it. :-)

-- T.J.