I've been struggling for hours to get an array (aAssetToggled[LNum]
[T]) toJSON so I can save, by Ajax, it to a db in CakePHP - all I get
is '[]' - this is how Chrome shows it to me:

aAssetToggled: Array[0]
LNum0: Array[0]
T147: "true"
length: 0
__proto__: Array[0]
LNum1: Array[0]
LNum2: Array[0]
T147: "true"
length: 0
__proto__: Array[0]
LNum3: Array[0]
length: 0
__proto__: Array[0]

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong as all those 0's suggest that
Chrome, and presumably Prototype, think the array itself has no length
and contains zero-legth arrays. However, presumably because of the
lenience of the browsers, it still works exactly as it should in my js
code - I can ask aAssetToggled['LNum0']['T147'] for its value and I
get 'true'.

I define the array initially with

var aAssetToggled = new Array();

empty it occassionally with:

if (it needs to be emptied)
                {
                aAssetToggled = [];
                }

then repopulate it with:

if(!isArray(aAssetToggled['LNum0']))
                {
                aAssetToggled['LNum0'] = new Array();
                }

and:

aAssetToggled['LNum0']['T'147'] = "true";

Note that it was initially indexed with integers aAssetToggled[0][147]
but I thought that might have been the problem (lots of empty space?)
so went with string keys.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

Damion