Hi,

> As I said in my post, the Ajax.Request call are in a HTML Application
> (HTA). Which is not a server page. It run on client machine using
> mshta.exe and request data from server using ajax.

Ah, sorry. Probably not safe to assume everyone knows what you mean by
"HTA". I've seen any number of acronyms people have created ad hoc to
make their web apps sound cool, I have to assume I put your use of
"HTA" in that category, not being familiar with that specific
Microsoft-centric technology.

> And I don't think the issue is due to "Same Origin Policy", as the
> requests are working fine when server SSL is enabled using  trusted
> certificate.

In that case, it's a question for Microsoft. Prototype isn't involved
in the certificate chain process at all. It just does the request and
reads the response via XMLHttpRequest. The certificate stuff is
handled by the user agent (e.g., mshta.exe).
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com
www / crowder software / com