I've been in a similar situation, where I had a list of search results which
were updated on every key press (but at most once every 100ms), and I wanted
each row in the results table to have mouse-hover effects. My solution was
to attach an event handler only to the table, and then wait until the on
mouse move event to work out which element the mouse was over by using
Event.element(event). This means that you don't need to attach or detach any
event handlers, since there is always just the one on the table itself.

Douglas