You can get rid of jQuery by using Scriptaculous instead -- no conflict
possible, since Scripty is written on top of Prototype and depends on it.

To drag-sort the rows of a table, first make sure that there is a tbody tag
around the rows you wich to sort, and give it an ID. Either in an unobtrusive
dom:loaded listener, or an inline script block below your table, do this:

Sortable.create('id_of_your_tbody',{tag:'tr'});

You need to include a link to the scriptaculous library in your page head, and
you have to give each tr an unique ID in the format string_123 (where string is
anything you like, and 123 is an unique number, significant to your
application). You use these IDs later on if you persist the new table order
back to your database. Look at the Sortable.serialize documentation for more
info about that.

Walter