Hi,

It would have been really helpful if you'd pointed out which line was
line 37, since things tend to get re-wrapped. :-)

But the problem is here:

>     onException: function(response) {
>         alert("Failed" + response.responseText);
>     },
-------^

That dangling comma at the end of the object literal you're passing
into Ajax.Request. Most JavaScript engines are fine with it, and it's
now even officially supported (there was some ambiguity before the
ECMAScript 5th ed. spec came out a couple of years ago), but older
versions of IE choke on it. Remove the dangling comma and it should
stop complaining. There's a similar problem with dangling commas at
the ends of array literals (e.g., given `var a = [1, 2, 3, ];`, what's
the length of `a`?).

More:
http://blog.niftysnippets.org/2010/09/literal-improvement.html

HTH,