On browsers other than FF, clicking on the scroll bar would cause a
loss of focus, which would hide the results window. The scroll wheel
worked fine IIRC, but in Chrome and IE it would just vanish. I've
never tested the key commands extensively.

Selection by mouse click does not dismiss the window, although now
that I think about it, it might be the way I'm using the control; I
tend to put javascript actions in the search results, as opposed to
using the built-in callback function. I'll have to take a look at this
and see if it's an error on my part.