Why not get rid of the hidden field and assign the record id as the value of
the checkboxes. When you submit the form (or serialize it) only the checked
items will be passed to the server.

For example:

<input name="ApprovedSubscribers" value="123" type="checkbox"
checked="checked"/> Joe Cool

<input name="ApprovedSubscribers" value="456" type="checkbox" /> Fred
Flintstone

<input name="ApprovedSubscribers" value="789" type="checkbox"
checked="checked" /> Barney Rubble

Becomes ApprovedSubscribers="123, 789" when submitted.

You can then observe the form for changes and submit via ajax with a normal
form submit for graceful degradation.

Brian Marquis | QuoteproR | Senior Developer |  <mailto:b...@quotepro.com>
b...@quotepro.com | Phone: 312.654.8045 x122 / Fax: 312.654.1285

image001

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.   Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.