On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:04 AM, Cardinal wrote:

> Unfortunately i can't provide a live demo as i am talking about a plugin for
> Novell / NetIQs iManager.
>
> Attached please find the SelectEntity.jsp file and some of its includes.

Try this: get into the browser where you see the problem on a live server, and
it into the validator at http://validator.w3.org and see if there are any
errors. Remember, browsers are endlessly forgiving by design. JavaScript is
easily confused. Sometimes the entire problem can be fixed by making the HTML
valid.

Next, paste that source into a new text file.html. View that in a new browser
window, make sure it is working up to the point of failing (so no missing
resources or any bad paths). Satisfy all missing paths with local copies. Cut
the page down to only show the problem, and post it somewhere public so we can
look at it in our browsers. If the error requires an Ajax call to demonstrate,
then stub that out with a static endpoint and dummy test data. Be sure to
duplicate the same reply that is borking your page if that is the moment that
it fails.

I don't have a JSP container running here, haven't used one since the '90s.
Without a live example, all we can do is wave our moist fingers in the air and
try to guess which way the wind is blowing. The other benefit of this exercise
is that very often (high 80% of the time) you will find the problem in the
process of duplicating it in a static file.

Walter