My reason for using ajax is three fold:

   1. To do a real context sensitive help system would require more help
   text than would be feasible to integrate for each control, dictionary
   definition or decision point on each page.
   2. By including just the <div> we minimize the number of bytes
   transferred thereby reducing bandwidth requirements and improve page load
   times. Why transfer data on help points when those may never be accessed or
   accessed only once?
   3. The help system could include short videos (we're using camstudio to
   capture desktop mouse moves and voice over).