On Jan 24, 2013, Ritter, Nicholas wrote:

> I noticed when building the source rpm of PSAD 2.2.1 on a CentOS 6.3 x86_64
> system that there may be an error in the RPM. The RPM builds fine, and
> installs fine, but on initial startup, psad errors on /etc/psad/protocols
> being missing. The actual error is:
>
> service psad start
> Starting psad: [*] Could not open /etc/psad/protocols: No such file or
> directory at /usr/sbin/psad line 9056.
> [FAILED]
>
> Is a suitable fix to copy /etc/protocols to /etc/psad?
>
> I am not using "cd_rpmbuilder" (that failed to download the spec file) to
> build the rpm, but rather "rpmbuild -rebuild"

Thanks for reporting this.  I've adjusted the *.spec files and added you
to the credits file for reporting the bug:

http://www.cipherdyne.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=psad.git;a=commitdiff;h=25edc093c9ca9952103c6f92b66f1f4c38a9743a

The spec files are now uploaded too in the place where the cd_rpmbuilder
script expects to find them, so it may work that way too.

This fix will be in the next psad release, but you can grab the updated
spec file here (or just use git if you prefer):

http://www.cipherdyne.org/psad/download/psad-2.2.1.spec

--Mike