On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:35 PM, Michael Rash <michael.r...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Steve Murphy <m...@parsetree.com> wrote:
>
>> In answer to my own question, I include a patch to psad that
>> will allow the user to define a call to an external script,
>> that will get executed only when the iptables block is entered.
>>
>> It introduces two new config variables:
>>
>> ENABLE_EXT_BLOCK_SCRIPT_EXEC   (default: N)
>> EXTERNAL_BLOCK_SCRIPT    (default: /bin/true)
>>
>> Very basic stuff.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>

> Hello Steve,
>
> Many thanks for sending the patch.  I'll merge this and send out a new
> -pre release in two days or so.

Steve,

Apologies for the delay. I've merged a slightly modified version of your
patch and added you to the 'CREDITS' file. Here is psad-2.2.4-pre1 if you
want to test it out:

https://www.cipherdyne.org/psad/download/psad-2.2.4-pre1.tar.gz

sha256: d734553fa80dfa92125fdd43781d997a84c1dc059ce2e032eafae3e4b0e93afe

Thanks,

--Mike

> --Mike
>

>> murf
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:18 AM, Steve Murphy <m...@parsetree.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm writing a network app to mimic the OSSEC
>>> active response feature across multiple hosts,
>>> but without the OSSEC machinery behind it, and
>>> without the per-agent registration.
>>>
>>> At any rate, it would be nice if I could execute
>>> an external script from psad, when a block is
>>>  inserted in iptables. And it would be nice if the
>>> script were run ONLY when a block was added.
>>>
>>> I see the config directives:
>>>
>>> ENABLE_EXT_SCRIPT_EXEC
>>> EXTERNAL_SCRIPT