I spent some time this weekend bringing up the tool chain documented on
the wiki (http://psas.pdx.edu/OlimexLPC2148Setup/) for the 2148, and I'm
having some troubles with getting a hello world program on the thing to
check it out.

I have 2 LPC devices the 2124, and the 2148 both boards are from spark
fun.  I'm having 3 issues with the hardware / tool chain.

1) my old hello world program based on the lpc-newlib
(http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/Articles/download.html) when loaded on
the 2124 no longer prints to the serial port with this new toolchain.
I've had this problem before when fiddling with versions of the tool
chain.  Last year my work around was to back rev the tool chain to use
newlib 1.14.0 and possibly gcc4.0.2 (I need to retest the gcc
dependency on this failure)  Does anyone in PSAS have a serial port
based hello world program working with the 2148?

2) the ISP loader lpc21isp fails to talk to the 2148 but works fine
talking to the 2124.  I've tried all the dip and jumper switch
combinations I could without luck.  Has anyone gotten the ISP to work
with the 2148, and if so how?

3) I'm using the cheap paraport wiggler JTAG and it will talk to
the 2124, and dump registers and what not but will not connect to the
2148.  It reports the following.
Error:   jtag.c:1346 jtag_validate_chain(): Error validating JTAG scan
chain, IR mismatch, scan returned 0x3f
Error:   jtag.c:1442 jtag_init(): Could not validate JTAG chain, exit

I'm a printk type of debugger and have not had a lot of good experiences
with JTAG so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.  I guess I'll
have to order one of those USB JTAGs...

Thanks for any comments.

--mgross