For generating pseudonoise, NOAA helpfully posted some Matlab code:
http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/gps-toolbox/MPsimul.htm

The "bigger" sample I took is only 196MB in raw I/Q sign/mag binary
format.  But that turns into 3.1GB in complex 32-bit floats.  I tried
compressing a few different ways:

3.1G gpslog_big-outside.floats
196M gpslog_big-outside.raw
181M gpslog_big-outside.raw.gz  # gzip --best
181M gpslog_big-outside.raw.7z  # 7z -mx=9
179M gpslog_big-outside.raw.bz2 # bzip2 --best

Compressing by almost 10% is pretty surprising to me.  It doesn't seem
like the fixed frequency spurs (at DC and -400kHz) would be enough to
account for this.  Maybe some of the aliasing artifacts could be
compressed?

I don't have a good place to post this file at the moment.
Recommendations?  I'll have it with me on a thumbdrive for the capstones
Thursday, Friday hackday and Sunday lab hours.

--
Kenny